Creating space for possibility
Transportable buildings for the life you love to live.
Our Residential Portable Buildings
We’re here to make it easier than ever before for all New Zealanders to have the home and life of their dreams. You’ll find us quite unique, for building folk. We smile a lot, we know what we are doing, we are super helpful and we really do care – about you, about the quality of our work and making sure it all comes together perfectly.
We even care about the environment. Whatever space you need, we’ll create a transportable building solution that will work for you.
We currently have a variety of affordable, quality, energy efficient relocatable home designs: 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedrooms. We offer portable homes for sale in the Greater Wellington area and throughout NZ. All our portable houses have a fully functioning kitchen, laundry, bathroom and storage. Contact us to discuss your project!
Need some extra space to work? Want some work life balance and work closer to home? We have a variety of portable cabins for sale in NZ, in various sizes as we understand every clients’ needs are different. You can then choose the layout of your new portable cabin and fit in what you need. Be it a home office, extra accommodation, massage studio, beauty therapy room or something else.
Our transportable homes include the following:
- Coloured External Coloursteel Panels
- Coloured Structurally Insulated Panels for walls and roof
- Code Compliance Certificate
- All plumbing, kitchen and bathroom fit out as per the layout plans
- Insulated walls, ceiling and underfloor
- Vinyl and Carpet
- Quality Workmanship by a Licensed Building Practitioner
- All electrical wiring, fittings inc LED lights and electrical Certificates
- External caravan plug
- Double glazed aluminium windows and doors
- Designed for very high wind zone
- Steel subfloor manufactured for Corrosion Zone C
- Built to NZ Building Code NZS3604
- Insulated to climate zone 3
Optional ExtrasOur optional extras that we offer:
- Heatpumps To ensure your comfort year round, no matter the weather
- Cooking Gas cooking connection
- Phone and data points Stay connected
- Additional Walls & Doors Hinged entry to make it easy to get in, Partition wall with or without internal door, Extra sliding door if you need more access
- Macerator pump To help with connecting the sewer pipe to Council waste pipes or septic tank
- Plywood or MDF wall and ceiling linings To create a different look from the Structurally Insulated Panels
- Insurance Tranzit and 10 year Warranty
- And more!
Cladding OptionsYou can add great extra cladding to your new space
- Corrugated Iron with ply and batten
- Corrugated Iron with Cedar
- Corrugated Iron with Weatherboard
- Corrugated iron with our Coloured Wall Panels
Get a price estimated instantly!
"Norma and the team at Able Spaces were fantastic to deal with when we were purchasing our new club rooms building. They were more than happy to accommodate our needs and wants, especially as we were after a multipurpose type building. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a new building, their attention to detail is exceptional and they are happy to go the extra mile."
Wairarapa Car Club
"Dealing with Norma at Able Spaces was an experience where we were kept informed of progress on our new custom built office that has arrived on site in tip top condition. All the comments from clients (including builders) are very favorable about the fit-out and the quality of the build. Thanks Norma and her team. A very happy customer here!"
"My parents love their warm little home that Norma and her team built especially for them. Taking into account all the extra requirements for their limited mobility and old age. Norma allowed us to customize so many parts that have made all the difference in making the house long term livable and wheelchair friendly. Thank you Able Spaces for all your hard work."
" The building is a great success and I would be happy to give anyone a recommendation "
" Thank you so much for your excellent service, and providing us with the unit at such sort notice and so close to Christmas! We are sure to approach you for another rental in the future should we have a need (such as a visiting German relative!) "
Barbara, Maungaroa Valley
" I must tell you how happy I am with my new portable unit which I looked at yesterday - looking forward to it being ready for me to move into when I get back from my trip to the UK. My friend Murray was very impressed with the unit too and the high standard of it. So we were two happy people - despite the pouring rain - when we left Wellington after our viewing. "
" Norma was an absolute pleasure to deal with! Beginning to end, communication was immediate and always friendly. Our 2 bedroom building we had was awesome, very spacious and comfortable. The kids and I loved having our own space at the family home =)
Highly recommended "
" We love our home, it's so warm and cosy. We are so happy we decided to go with Able Spaces, After much deliberation on homes, even the one that has just recently been on Fair Go, I talked with that guy for weeks, the poor people who followed through, had their money taken and no home! Norma you have been amazing and delivered on everything we wanted. You are a very honest Director of your company. We have no hesitation in recommending Able Spaces Homes "